SAWTOOTH VISION 20/20
SAWTOOTH VISION 20/20
ABOUT SAWTOOTH VISION 20/20
• Sawtooth Vision 20/20 is a collaborative dedicated to identifying and addressing issues and opportunities facing the Sawtooth National Recreation Area.
• Created in 2006 with help from the US Forest Service and the Sawtooth Society, it consists of individuals, organizations, businesses, government agencies and elected officials. It continues under its own initiative, served by a volunteer steering committee.
• In 2006 it produced a document setting forth desired conditions in the SNRA 35 years into the future. The document sets forth a strategy of proposed actions by stakeholders to ensure desirable outcomes. The document is periodically revised.
•Many successes can be traced to Sawtooth 20/20 and the networks it created and maintains.
SHARED STRATEGIES FOR THE FUTURE OF THE SAWTOOTH NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
The desired conditions in the Sawtooth National Recreation Area in 2041 and the strategy to achieve them can be found under the document links of this website. The strategy is consulted by the US Forest Service and other agencies in resource allocation and management decisions. The document is organized under five separate but interrelated categories of critical values.
These categories (in alphabetical order) are:
• Economic and Community Stability
• Fish and Wildlife
• Historic, Pastoral and Scenic
• Natural, Sustainable Ecosystems
Steering Committee members organize annual events and update the Sawtooth Vision 20/20 Strategic Plan based upon stakeholder and community input.
Sawtooth Vision 20/20 steering committee members
• Steve Botti – Stanley City Council President
• Terry Clark – Sawtooth Interpretive and Historical Association Executive Director
• Carol Cole – U.S. Forest Service Partnership and Outreach Coordinator
• Kirk Flannigan – SNRA Area Ranger
• Gary Gadwa – Idaho Fish and Game Officer, Retired
• Barbara Garcia – SNRA Deputy Area Ranger
• Paul Hill – Sawtooth Society Former President
• Angenie McCleary – Blaine County Commissioner
• Herb Mumford - Stanley Mayor
• Gary O’Malley - Sawtooth Society Executive Director
• Keith Reese - Sawtooth Valley Business Person
• Jolie Turick – Custer County Economic Development Association Executive Director
• Patricia Young - Sawtooth Society Member
The Steering Committee regularly (usually quarterly) conducts community updates to review progress in implementing the strategies suggested action plans. The meetings typically highlight one area of concern with an overview of the rest. This ongoing communication provides network opportunities to help bring resources to bear as needed. The public is invited and encouraged to attend to listen and provide input. Notice for the meetings is typically posted or published.